Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Holika Holika's Magic Pole Mascara




I’m not usually a fan of mascaras because no matter which brand I try, I inevitably end up looking like a raccoon. Blame it on my oily skin or the humid weather, but no formula has worked on me…Until Holika Holika’s Magic Pole Mascara!
I got this mascara along with the Pore Magic Cover Mousse Starter (whew!) as a present from my Korean friend. I was intrigued by the “pole” at the end of the wand, and thankfully, the box of the mascara had illustrations on how to use the pole. I was very skeptical at first since all the other mascaras I’ve tried such as Lancome’s Hypnose, and Estee Lauder’s More than Mascara have failed me.  I decided to give the Magic Pole a try since my friend told me it was a “hot” item in Korea. So with fingers crossed, I curled my lashes with my trusty Shiseido lash curler and applied one coat of the Magic Pole mascara. I followed the directions in the illustrations carefully and used the “pole” to brush the tips of my lashes. 


Lo and Behold!
The first thing I loved about it is the way the “pole” seemed to magically extend my lashes. Two coats after, my lashes were lush and fan like! I actually looked like I had on falsies! (Might be a bit of an exaggeration, but since I don’t normally wear mascara; I was astounded by the effect!)
Next, I anxiously awaited the inevitable raccoon eyes…Yet, hours later, my under eye area remained clean. Still a few more hours later, no sign of dark circles! Finally, I had to admit; this mascara is a winner! I remained smudge-free the rest of the day!
Last, I wanted to see whether the smudge-free formula would be hard to remove like the other long last formulas I’ve tried before. To wash it off, I used my Shu Uemura cleansing oil; it was enough to remove all traces of the mascara. My eyelashes didn’t have any leftover clumps of mascara. So on top of being smudge proof, it is also easy to remove. Now that’s what I call MAGIC!

Bare lashes



Uncurled and without mascara

Curled lashes

Uncurled

With Magic Pole Mascara~ Notice how you can't tell the difference between the two? Although I curled my lashes on the right eye, and I left the left eyelashes untouched; with Magic Pole mascara, you won't be able to tell the difference!


Such pretty colors! One of the things I love about Holika Holika is their color motif!







8 hours after applying Magic Pole. Look, Ma, no smudges!



No comments:

Post a Comment