Friday, June 8, 2012

Kanebo's Coffret D'or Silky F Pact UV


Oh MyGosh! I think I might have found my Holy Grail powder foundation…foundation period.
So my BFF Mayumi got me this sample from her recent trip to Japan (she never fails to get me samples, bless her soul!), and when I tried it; I just fell in love! I just cannot stop raving about this! It’s perfect! It’s magic! It’s the stuff of dreams!

Ok, without further ado…Kanebo’s Coffret D’or Silky F Pact UV Longkeep (I know, I know…seriously that’s the name! I spent hours on the web looking for it since the sample didn’t have any English transalation.)
Anyway, never mind the baffling name…This powder foundation seriously rocks! I got this sample together with the base/primer (aren’t the Japanese generous with their samples?)
This shade is BE-C; it's perfect for me! for reference, I'm nc30-35 in MAC.


The Sample for the base came in  a small pack though...


I immediately tried the combo after I got them. I put on the base, and immediately I felt a tightening sensation. A minute after application, I felt my skin become smooth and soft and matte. I applied the powder foundation all over, and I could see an almost airbrushed finish to my complexion. I was on cloud nine!
Hours later, lo and behold…1st, the foundation didn’t oxidize on my acidic skin, 2nd there was no hint of shine on my T-zone, and 3rd, I still had that same airbrushed look I had when I left the house! And this was in the middle of summer! (Last April).
Sadly, I’ve almost finished the sample…and since the sample of the base was quite little, I was only able to try it twice. I didn’t have the chance to try it out with other powder foundations and see if it works just as well.
But! My BFF Mayumi will be going to Japan at the end of the month, so I’ll be getting the full sized products soon! Yey! I just hope that they still have this product. Japanese companies such as Kanebo are known for releasing limited edition stuff that they replace regularly (grrr…).
I guess the point is not to gat too attached to their products??? Go figure Japanese sense! I tried to purchase this from the Kanebo counter in Rustan’s, but I was told that the Coffret D’or line has been discontinued. So I’m really hoping that Mayumi will be able to still find my new found HG, otherwise; I’m back to square one in my quest for the perfect foundation!
Will update this post as soon as I get (hopefully) the full sized powder and base!


No comments:

Post a Comment